Wednesday 20th April - Thursday 21st April 2016
20th & 21st April, 10th & 11th May, 14th & 15th June 2016, 10 am- 4.15 pm
Cockpit Arts, London
Designed for people working in the arts and cultural sector wanting to manage projects for young people, our six-day course will leave you fully equipped and inspired to successfully deliver your very own youth arts projects.
Exploring the philosophy and principles of youth arts, you will develop strategies and gain the skills needed to devise a youth arts project, with, for and by young people. We will take you through from the initial ideas and planning stages, through to using professional artists, funding, marketing and evaluation.
Accredited by Buckingham New University (20 credits, Level 5), assessment takes place in a variety of ways – through a reflective learning journal, a case study assignment and active involvement in discussions throughout the course.
You want an in-depth, informative introduction to developing and running your own youth arts projects.
You will gain:
- The knowledge to plan and produce effective strategies
- Time to focus, explore and develop your thinking
- Tips on how to cost work and plan budgets
- Understanding on funding, from the Arts Council to the local shop
- Advice on how to use your resources wisely
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- Development through peer discussions with a close group of like-mind professionals
- Exploration around the intrinsic and extrinsic value of youth arts activity
- Real world learning
- Marketing and publicity know-how
- The art of creative evaluation: planning, delivery and development of future practice
- A range of resources exclusive to you as an attendee, including the Get Sorted Budgeting and Fundraising guide.
What our previous attendees thought:
“I gained great insight – I felt it was in-depth and inspirational. A very enjoyable and informative course!” (Lisa Simmons, previous course participant)
This course is priced at £400, all inclusive of accreditation, certification, lunch and refreshments for all six sessions.
Book your place below or contact Rachel Hall via firstname.lastname@example.org / 02380 332491 for further advice and information. Limited bursaries are also available – please contact us for further details.
|Venue||Cockpit Arts London|
|Start date||Wednesday 20th April, 2016|
|End date||Thursday 21st April, 2016|
Booking has closed for this past event.